Types of mechanisms for decomposing sofas characteristics, pluses and minuses.
Today the market of upholstered furniture is represented by a wide variety of sofas of all shapes and sizes. In addition, the sofas differ in type of decomposition.
There are many types of softening so far, but we will consider the most common mechanisms:
- Decomposing (sofa-bed, couch or click-bug)
- Expandable (accordion, American and French clamshell)
- Rolling out (dolphin, eurobook).
First of all, you have to decide with which mechanism you want to get a sofa. To do this you need to answer only three questions:
- Where do you plan to put a sofa in which room? Why is there such a question? Because a number of models are very cumbersome and take up too much space. However, other, more compact models are well suited for a small room.
- Do you need a suitcase in the sofa? It should be noted that there are a number of models that do not have such a design.
- How often do you plan to lay a sofa for sleep? Here the specifics are that there are models for constant and frequent decomposition, but there are those that can be decomposed only in individual cases.
It is clear that the ideal variant is difficult to find, but you can find the most optimal mechanism that will fit your needs. It should be noted that each type of decomposition has its advantages and disadvantages.
The most up-to-date mechanism – sofa-book!
The most popular mechanism for decomposing sofas is a sofa-bed. This mechanism is well-proven, with two positions – a bed and a sofa. Such furniture is made of two wooden frames and spring blocks, and is decomposed by the fact that the back is tilted back to the characteristic click sound.
Sofa Eurobook is the most popular mechanism with a lot of advantages!
In the Eurobook, the seat of the sofa first moves forward, and then back comes down to the place that is formed. Typically, such models have a spacious sleeping area and large drawer for bed linen.
- Easily decomposed. This can be done even by children.
- Has a big sleeping place.
- Has an even surface that is useful for the back.
- Large storage boxes for linen and other things.
- Rigid back of the sofa. This moment is usually smoothed by soft decorative pillows.
- Sometimes the legs of the sofa go on a smooth floor.
Accordion – can be both compact and spacious.
Such a mechanism as accordion has more advantages than minuses. The main disadvantage of this type is that for the expansion of such a couch you need a lot of free space.
However, the benefits of the “accordion” are obvious:
- In the collected form it is very compact and does not take up much space.
- The sleeping area is not only wide but also tall and comfortable.
- In addition, such a sofa also has a box for linen.
Stylish and comfortable in French style – sofa “Click-bug”
The click-click mechanism is a very interesting sofa that was created by French engineers. This model has three positions: sitting, lying and half-sitting. It is easy to use and comfortable for sleep, because it has an even surface.
Simple and comfortable – Sofa “Dolphin”
Such a mechanism is simply decomposed. Its sleeping area is even and useful for the back, which is a really significant advantage. In addition, there is plenty of room for sleep. However, if the design of this model uses poor-quality materials, the reliability of the sofa is rather weak.